Frequently Asked Questions on Going Yellow
- When are you going to open? We don’t know. We are closed until we receive word from the Commonwealth that we can prepare to open.
- When Bradford County moves to yellow, will the Library open? It may be weeks before the Library opens. Staff has returned to the library to prepare for opening. During the yellow phase, we will quarantine items that have been returned for 72 hours. Before patrons are allowed into the library, we will offer curbside services. We’ll keep you posted with more details when we receive direction from the state.
- Do you foresee any changes in operations? Yes. We could see limits on how many people can be in the library, how much one-on-one help we can provide, and the hours and days we are open. We will be following CDC and PA Dept. of Health guidelines. We will try some new services like curbside pickup.
- When are my items due? We have extended the due dates for items checked out and you will be able to return your items after we have reopened (we don’t have a specific date yet).
- My library card has or is about to expire. What do I do? Just call or send an email to us and we will try to renew your membership.
- Will you be providing adult and children’s programs? Right now we only plan to provide virtual programs.
- Will the Bookmobile still be providing service? Curbside service will also be provided by the Bookmobile on a partial basis. We’ll be posting a limited schedule on our website and Facebook page.
- I really miss coming to the library. We miss you too. Remember that we have many opportunities online via our website. You can download
e-books and audio books or search our databases to learn new things.
Please stay safe, in good health, and in positive spirits during these trying times.